You will qualify if you can show that:

* You are a commonwealth citizen

* You are aged 17 or over

* You have a grandparent who was born in the UK, the Channel Islands of the Isle of Man

* You have a grandparent who was born in what is now the Republic of Ireland before 31 March 1922 you are able to work and intend to do so in the UK, and

* You can support yourself and any dependants, and live without needing and help from public funds.

* You are a commonwealth citizen


UK Ancestry Rules and Regulations:

* The visa is granted for a period of five years. However, if you received your Ancestry visa under the old immigration rules and it was only granted for four years, then you need to apply for another year in order to then apply for permanent residence / Indefinite Leave to Remain

* You do not need a work permit , but you are required to intend to work

* You are allowed to have a dependant [spouse or children] on your Ancestry visa

* You must not have any recourse to public funds


How do I apply for indefinite leave to remain?

International Work Permits can apply for your permanent residence, also known as indefinite leave to remain one month (28 days) prior to the end of your five years on an Ancestry visa. In some instances, individuals were only awarded a 4 year Ancestry Visa - IWP can extend your ancestry visa (an extension, however, requires the need to have a biometric test done), These applications are chargeable on approval only and IWP has a very high success rate! Contact us for free / no obligation assessment from an experienced advisor either via our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Do not risk the disappointment and stress of refusal, when this can be avoided by a simple, no-obligation phone call: +44 (0) 207 866 8170