The MBA provision has been set out for those who have completed their MBA from a school in the MBA provision list. This automatically qualifies the applicant and does not require them to fulfill the other HSMP criteria.
- You will need to have graduated from an eligible business school while it is on the list of eligible schools.
- You will still need to meet the remaining requirements of the HSMP programme, such as:
- You will be able to continue your chosen career in the UK.
- You should know what field you intend to work in in the UK
- You will also have to show that you intend to make the UK your main home, and that you can support yourself and any dependants without public funds.
- Proficiency in English
Which 50 business schools will it apply to?
The Treasury published the list of the 50 eligible programmes with the pre-Budget report on 2 December 2004. The Treasury will review and re-publish this list annually.
The 50 eligible MBA programmes are determined by applying criteria which best reflect the potential economic productive contribution of graduates:
- Post-graduation Salaries, as the most effective measure of productivity
- Employment, essential if productive potential is to be realised.
Please note: The MBA Provision is longer applicable to the new Tier 1 (general) highly skilled sub-category
The list of institutions contains 10 UK institutions and 40 from the rest of the world. The inclusion of a quota of 10 UK institutions reflects the fact that students choosing to study in the UK have already shown a commitment to this country and have begun to integrate in the UK, making it easier for them to continue their career here.
- Harvard Business School (USA)
- Columbia Business School (USA)
- University of Pennsylvania: Wharton (USA)
- IMD (SWI)
- University of Chicago (USA)
- Dartmouth College: Tuck (USA)
- Stanford University (USA)
- Insead (FR/Sing)
- University of Oxford: Said (UK)
- MIT: Sloan (USA)
- Ashridge (UK)
- Northwestern: Kellogg (USA)
- London Business School (UK)
- New York University: Stern (US)
- University of Strathclyde (UK)
- IESE Business School (SP)
- Yale School of Management (USA)
- Warwick Business School (UK)
- City University: Cass (UK)
- Rotterdam School of Management (Neth)
- UC Berkeley: Haas (USA)
- University of Cambridge: Judge (UK)
- Georgetown University: McDonough (USA)
- Instituto de Empresa (SP)
- Cornell University: Johnson (USA)
- University of Michigan (USA)
- Duke University: Fuqua (USA)
- University of Virginia: Darden (USA)
- Carnegie Mellon University (USA)
- SDA Bocconi (IT)
- Emory University: Goizueta (USA)
- UCLA: Anderson (USA)
- Manchester Business School (UK)
- Cranfield School of Management (UK)
- University of Toronto: Rotman (CAN)
- University College Dublin: Smurfit (IRE)
- University of Southern California: Marshall (USA)
- University of Rochester: Simon (USA)
- Vanderbilt University: Owen (USA)
- Rice University: Jones (USA)
- University of North Carolina: Kenan-Flagler (USA)
- Babson College: Olin (USA)
- Melbourne Business School (AUS)
- Ceibs (CHN)
- Australian Graduate School of Management (AUS)
- Universiteit Nyenrode (NTH)
- University of Western Ontario: Ivey (CAN)
- Boston University School of Management (USA)
- University of Maryland: Smith (USA)
- Bradford School of Management/Nimbas (UK/NTH/GER)
Contact us to see if you qualify