Post-Study Work Announcement from the UK dated 22 March 2011
• The current Post-Study Work route will be closed from April 2012.
• Those graduating from a UK university with a recognised degree, PGCE, or PGDE will be
able to switch into Tier 2.
• There will not be a limit on these switchers.
• They will only be able to switch if they are in the UK, before their student visa expires.
• The normal Tier 2 requirements will apply, except for the Resident Labour Market Test.
• We will ensure that genuine student entrepreneurs with a great idea are able to stay on in
the UK to develop their business proposition."