If you are already in the UK you might be able apply for leave to remain here, either on a temporary or permanent basis. Indefinite Leave to Remain also known as Permanent Residency or settlement is a permanent visa for foreign nationals on the basis of staying in the UK on a number of visas (tiered visas, long residency, marriage).

Given that a successful application will grant you permanent residency in the UK, there are strict criteria set out under the Immigration Rules that you must satisfy. Your right to apply for settlement will depend on your current immigration category and whether you continue to meet the criteria for that category.

To make an application you must already be in the UK and in many cases will need to demonstrate a knowledge of language and life, although certain applicants are exempt from this requirement including children (under 18), parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives of people present and settled in the UK, or those resident in the UK as a refugee. You can demonstrate your knowledge of language and life by passing the Life in the UK test, and either having a recognised qualification in English, having a degree that was taught or researched in English or being a national of an English-speaking country. Feel free to check with us with regards to ILR eligibility as the qualifying criteria does change regularly

As part of your application for ILR you will need to enrol your fingerprints and facial image (known as biometric information) and obtain a biometric residence permit (BRP) card. This will confirm your immigration status and entitlements.

Further Leave to Remain – if you do not yet qualify for ILR you may be able to extend your existing visa temporarily. This is known as Further Leave to Remain. If you came here as a visitor, in most cases you cannot extend your permission to stay beyond 6 months although in limited circumstances you may be able to switch to a different immigration category. You must also apply to extend your stay before your existing permission expires as an overstayer will risk an order for enforced removal.

Returning Residents – your settled status may be lost if you have lived abroad for a continuous period of 2 years or more. Your ILR can also be revoked due to criminal convictions.

International Work Permits assists these applications on a same day basis or via post.

What do we offer?

⇒ A detailed review of your circumstances to establish your eligibility to apply. 

⇒ The services of a leading UK Visa & Immigration specialist 

⇒ Gathering all your documents, ensuring that the information needed to support your application is correct, giving it the best possible chance of being accepted

⇒ Completion of your settlement application form

⇒ Completion of a detailed cover letter and copies of the supporting documentation for the Home Office caseworker

⇒ Booking of a same day appointment (if required) and representation of a member of staff on the day of the appointment

⇒ Regular contact giving you all the latest updates regarding your application and the laws in place by the Home Office

⇒ We only charge on approval and, unlike other firms, we do not charge for dependant applications if they are applying as family on the same Set O application

⇒ We have successfully completed over 5000 settlement applications and have been registered with the OISC since 2005!


Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. directly or /

Click HERE for an online assessment form

Do not risk the disappointment and stress of refusal, when this can be avoided by a simple, no-obligation phone call: +44 (0) 207 866 8170